Tuesday, October 10, 2017

BU Quilt Along Week 5

Who is ready to make Half-Square Triangles with me?!




I love a good HST (half-square triangle) and while some don't particularly like to make them, I have found I enjoy them more when they are squared up perfectly. I go over making perfect half-square triangles HERE.

For the Here A Square, There A Square pattern we are going to use our white and grey 3" squares. For me this is the Shimmer 2 and Shimmer Lawn from Monaluna.



On the wrong side of the white squares mark the diagonal.




Matching a white and grey right sides together, stitch 1/4" from the marked line.




Rotate and stitch 1/4" on the other side of the marked line.




This is a great time to use the chain piecing technique.




Cut on the line.




Press towards the grey.




Square your HST.




I love my Tucker Trimmer® from Deb Tucker's Studio 180 Design. You can now find it in my shop!!




Repeat until you have 120 HST. This is the first part of our corner units. Next week we will be adding the triangles to either side of our HST units.

Happy Stitching!
Jen

Beginners Unite Quilt Along

October 3 - Flying Geese week 2 
October 10 - Half Square Triangles ~ You are here
October 17 - Corner Units
October 24 - Block Assembly
October 31 - Top Assembly
November 7 - Add borders
November 14 - Quilting and Binding

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.