Tuesday, October 3, 2017

BU Quilt Along Week 4

We are making more Flying Geese this week, but this time we get to build a part of the block, so there is a great incentive to get them all done. 




Follow the No Waste Flying Geese method shown HERE using your black 2 7/8" squares and grey 5 1/4" squares

Trim to 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"




First trim.




Second trim.

I love my Wing Clipper from Deb Tucker's Design 180 Studio. No affiliation, but next week I will have them in my Etsy shop. (Yay!)




When stitching the Flying Geese units together, sew with the point of the goose facing up, that way you can make sure you don't sew off the point.




Press towards the bottom unit. You will make 120 of these units.

That's it for the Flying Geese units. Give them a wave goodbye as they head south and we move on to the half square triangles next week.

Share your progress at Quilt and Learn with Patterns By Jen!

Happy Stitching!
Jen


Beginners Unite Quilt Along

October 3 - Flying Geese week 2 ~ You are here
October 10 - Half Square Triangles
October 17 - Corner Units
October 24 - Block Assembly
October 31 - Top Assembly
November 7 - Add borders
November 14 - Quilting and Binding

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook for daily sneak peeks and updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.