Saturday, December 31, 2016

2017 Goals

Last year I posted a list of goals for 2016. I want to revisit those goals and then share some new ones for 2017 with you.




2016 Goals
1) Publish 6 patterns -
The Picnic Quilt, Star Light, Star Bright Sampler, Criss Crossing, Frayed Edges, Winter Cheer, and even though Seaside Steps is in the Feb/Mar 2017 issue, it did technically come out in Dec 2016.
I think we'll call that good.

2) Schedule 4 trunk shows - 
Ummmmm, nope. Not a one. That is totally on  my shoulders, since I didn't even go out and try. 


3) Get published in a magazine


4) Find more testers-
Yes! I'm thrilled with the help I've had. My testers are amazing.

5) Blog once a week -
Well, that didn't happen, did it?


Where to go from here...

2017 Goals

1) Publish 8 patterns - I feel like I need to keep growing, but if I don't hit 8, I'm going to be ok with that. I'm a wife, mother and family child care provider, giving myself a little slack is important.

2) Schedule 1 trunk show. - See what I did there? Hahahaha! Well, I still want to do these, but I'm going to have to figure out how. So lets start with 1, shall we.

3) Get published in a different magazine - I've already had a rejection from a different magazine, but I'm hoping to get picked up by another one. If at first you don't succedd, try, try again.

4) Step out of my comfort zone and video a couple of tutorials - I've got nothing to add to that. Scary!

5) Contact other distributors and stores - It's time to get those patterns out there!

6) Grow my readers! That's you! What do you like to see in a blog? Do you like email lists? Share your thoughts in the comments!

I'm excited to get 2017 started!!

Happy Stitching!
Jen


PS. Check back tomorrow for the first in a series of Mug Rug tutorials. By the end of the year you will have a set of 12, perfect for keeping your drink of choice and a sweet handy. 

Fine me on Facebook: Patterns By Jen
Instagram: @patternsbyjen

1 comment:

  1. You have great and doable goals for the coming year. Hoping you can make that 1 trunk show happen. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments and hear your ideas. I always respond to comments (though it may take me a few days), if you haven't heard from me it might mean you are a no reply commenter. If you haven't heard back from me, check back here, because I will reply to the comment.